Dental disease is a problem that is (almost entirely) preventable. Oral health is also as important as the health of the rest of your body. Dental diseases that are left untreated can lead to serious health problems such as infection, tooth loss, and damage to the bone or nerve.
We all want to have that perfect smile, but not everyone is willing to make the effort to get one. Preventive Dentistry at Dental Focus allows the proactive patient to avoid the discomfort that stems from poor oral health practices.
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Dental Focus strongly believes that “prevention is better than cure,” which is why we advocate preventive dentistry. You can only flaunt a radiant smile for so long, but without any effort to keep your teeth healthy, you increase the risk of teeth wear, gum disease, cavities, and more. Preventive dentistry is the practice of caring for your teeth to keep tooth decay, oral diseases, and other conditions at bay.
Effective preventive dentistry combines home oral care by patients, professional treatments, and counselling by dental professionals. Two dental checkups a year is recommended for professional cleaning and management of any developing conditions. These dental visits involve a thorough exam where any changes or abnormalities can be detected. Other preventive measures include:
- Dental prophylaxis
- Good oral hygiene
- Tooth brushing
- Early treatment of carious cavities
- Treatments for periodontal disease, sensitive teeth, and malocclusion
Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
- Children, in particular, can benefit from the services included in preventive dentistry because it allows their developing adult teeth to grow healthy and strong.
- Professional teeth cleaning, in addition to our good oral practices at home, can help prevent the accumulation of tartar which can cause dental health problems, gum disease and tooth decay.
- Address minor dental health issues before they turn into major problems.
- This allows you to save money on costly restorative treatment to address the effects of poor oral hygiene in the long term.
The goal of this type of service is to keep sensitivity, cavities and other common conditions at bay. With prompt prevention, you get to look forward to a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Regular cleaning and hygiene therapy is essential for oral health, but this is not enough. Dental Focus also specialises in other fields of dental health treatment. With a thorough assessment we will be able to provide you a suitable treatment for your needs. For enquiries, you may contact us here. Our staff will be happy to assist you – with a smile!